Adding extra fields in projects and project creation

Chalkie

Adding extra fields in projects and project creation

Post by Chalkie »

Hi there,

I am wondering if its possible to add more fields to projects? For instance we want to add invoice numbers, artwork links and if possible being able to upload attachments.

We are currently using excel to run all of our project management but would like to move to a more user friendly system.

Thanks in advance for your kind help.
soplanning
Site Admin

Re: Adding extra fields in projects and project creation

Post by soplanning »

Yes it's possible, but it requires some development skills !
There's no easy way to do it, as you'll need to modify several places (the form, the planning, summary, etc).
Chalkie

Post by Chalkie »

soplanning wrote: 16 Nov 2021, 07:50 Yes it's possible, but it requires some development skills !
There's no easy way to do it, as you'll need to modify several places (the form, the planning, summary, etc).
Thanks for your response, I do have quite good development skills so would be able to do it, if you could just give me a point in the right direction as to which files I would need to edit I can take it from there.

Kind regards
soplanning
Site Admin

Post by soplanning »

you need at least to :
- upgrade the database with the new fields
- reflect those fields in file /includes/class_periode.inc
- add new inputs in /templates/periode_form.tpl and add them to the javascript/ajax submit
- apply those fields in save function, file /www/process/xajax_server.php, in function submitPeriodeForm()

best regards