Error loading soplanning

patrickjoseph

Error loading soplanning

Post by patrickjoseph »

Once I setup Soplanning and when i try to load it in the browser using ip or hostname, I am getting the below error:

I am getting error "please add read/write rights on "../../www/upload/files" directory when i try to launch the website from the browser. I have set 775 permissions on upload and files folder.

What could i be doing wrong?

Update: i redid all the steps, now i get the soplanning setup page but i get this message on screen

"Please give rights on file database.inc (in the root directory of SOPlanning)"
when I try to click Install, I get the same error plus another one..
"Problem while creating the database. Please verify the parameters and user rights in mysql/phpadmin"

soplanning
Site Admin

Re: Error loading soplanning

Post by soplanning »

Hello
About Smarty directory or database.inc, just pu enough rights on the folder/file to let SOPLanning modify it.

About the last problem, it seems the mysql user you gave to SOPlanning in order to access to the DB does not have enough rights.
He needs to be able to create/update tables structure. If you're not sure, please try with root access, it will probably work as expected, and you will modify database.inc file manually just after.
patrickjoseph

Post by patrickjoseph »

thank you,
i had already tried using root account, same error.
what could i try next?
does the database.inc file exist initially or is it created at the end of the wizard
soplanning
Site Admin

Post by soplanning »

database.inc exists intially with default value, and is overwritten with credentials you specify.
If it does not work with root access, it means you have a real issue when accessing to the DB.
It's really difficult to help you in "blind" mode.
Are you sure the mysql url is good (first field in the installer interface) ?
is it a mysql hosted on the same server/computer than the PHP code ?
can you try to create manually the DB "soplanning", and try again (only create the DB, not the tables).
patrickjoseph

Post by patrickjoseph »

URL is right because when i type in the domain name, it loads the soplanning page
PHP and SQL are all on the same server

I followed the steps in this guide...
https://www.rosehosting.com/blog/how-to ... -centos-7/

Here, it talks (step 5) about creating the database which I did and it was successful.
patrickjoseph

Post by patrickjoseph »

The error about permissions on the folder was due to Selinux permission being Enabled/Active.
Once Selinux was disabled, everything worked.