1.49.00 date picker (format)

Ralf

1.49.00 date picker (format)

Post by Ralf »

If profile is German, the date picker delivers a result in the format dd.mm.yyyy, which does not work as dd/mm/yyyy is necessary. As you cannot enter the date manually, there is no chance to change the date.
soplanning
Site Admin

Re: 1.49.00 date picker (format)

Post by soplanning »

Please modify the following file, and put dd/mm/yyyy in the format (at the end).
We'll fix it in next release or intermediate release
File : \soplanning\www\assets\plugins\bootstrap-datepicker-1.9.0\locales\bootstrap-datepicker.de.min.js
vuli

Post by vuli »

how can you change the language?

edit: found it in user settings. Thought there is slovenian translation too, but no.
wingusupport

Post by wingusupport »

Good day. I have updated the date picker format in two separate locations and the format does not reflect the change in the GUI.

Installed Version: SOPlanning v1.51.00

Updated the bootstrap-datepicker.en-US.min.js file located in: \www\assets\plugins\bootstrap-datepicker-1.10.0\locales\
Changed to format:"mm-dd-yyyy", which is the standard EN-US date format.

Also updated the user profile using Modify my profile. Changed Date format: Format mm-dd-yyyy, then clicked Save modifications. Afterwards, I am immediately and automatically logged out of the system. After logging back into the system, no change is noted.

Lastly, I allowed the browser to "change" from French to English translation. (Side note: Install was already showing English as the language in the GUI.)

Is there another setting that I have missed? Is there a way to manually set the country code to force the usage of bootstrap-datepicker.en-US.min.js?

The GUI's date format has not changed. It is still showing dd/mm/yyyy and not mm-dd-yyyy or mm/dd/yyyy.
wingusupport

Post by wingusupport »

** EDITED **
Hello SOPlanning. I have successfully modified the GUI's date format. But the GUI interface now throws an error when updating a task.

Reverting back to the original config file until this pop-up error is resolved.
Also, refer to viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1371&p=2397#p2397 for the same error experienced a couple of years ago.

Installed Version: SOPlanning v1.51.00

My actions to a successful resolution:
1. Made a backup copy of the original configuration file.
#cp config.inc config.inc.orig
Line 147
2. Next, I edited the config file to make my country, 'us', both the default configuration and the failover configuration.
Line 156
3. Lastly, I edited the default language to 'us'.
Line 189
4. Updated the bootstrap-datepicker.en-US.min.js file located in: \www\assets\plugins\bootstrap-datepicker-1.10.0\locales\
Changed to format:"mm-dd-yyyy", which is the standard EN-US date format.
5. Updated the user profile using Modify my profile. Changed Date format: Format mm-dd-yyyy, then click Save modifications.

Error:
On task update and save, a pop-up box displays error: domain name says: Date format: dd/mm/yyyy.
soplanning
Site Admin

Post by soplanning »

Hello
The date format management has some failure for the moment, and the fix is not easy.
Until we rework it, please use the dd/mm/yyyy format.
Best regards
wingusupport

Post by wingusupport »

Hi SOPlanning:

Thank you for the reply. Do you have an anticipated time frame for resolution?